Pan-Humber law firm Pepperells is looking to recruit into two Paralegal posts, with a view to offering training contracts.
The role will be to undertake a range of legal, technical and administrative tasks as directed and under close supervision. Applicants will have a variety of opportunities to to work across the business and its offices in Hull, Scunthorpe and Grimsby.
Pepperells is a full service law firm with eight core business units; Chambers, Crime, Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Family, Immigration, Residential Property and Wills & Probate. A variety of opportunities will be available but a keen interest in family is desired. An immediate start is also required.
- The job holder will produce all his/her own work on the PC and will have little if any assistance from administrative and secretarial staff
- Undertake an appropriate caseload of straightforward matters within various practice areas, under close supervision
- Assist with the preparation of case documents and attend straightforward Court/Tribunal appointments
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is essential.
Requirements for the post:
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the type of work Pepperells undertakes
- Relevant work experience would be desirable
- Understanding of and commitment to Pepperells’ values and ethos
- A self starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation
- Very good interpersonal skills, demonstrating maturity and professionalism in all dealings
- Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them
- First class communications skills able to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and in writing
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to make decisions appropriate to this level of work
- Adept at using IT, with ability to use Microsoft applications, familiarity with programmes such as Word and Outlook and a willingness to use computer systems to their optimum potential
Proven ability to undertake thorough research
- LPC preferably completed successfully, however candidates undertaking the LPC part-time are encouraged to apply if they are available to work full-time.
Prospective applicants are asked to send a CV and covering letter to Ryan Crellin on email at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of Thursday, December 21.