Job Purpose / Main Duties:
The successful candidate will join a specialist team managing a challenging and rewarding caseload of matters for a small, medium and large businesses as well as individuals.
Solid prior business development experience and a willingness to actively contribute to the further success and growth of the department and firm are essential requirements for the role. Familiarity with litigation at the High Court and Employment Tribunal and TUPE experience are also necessary.
- You will ideally have 1-3 years PQE dealing with all types of Employment Law (although candidates with more or less experience will be considered depending on the quality of their experience), have experience dealing with both contentious and non-contentious files.
- Understanding of and commitment to Pepperells values and ethos (E).
- Very good interpersonal skills, demonstrating maturity and professionalism in all dealings. Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them (E).
- First class communications skills ” able to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and in writing (E).
- Able to work effectively in a team (E).
- Ability to make decisions appropriate to this level of work (E) .
- Adept at using IT, with ability to use Microsoft applications, familiarity with programmes such as Word and Outlook and a willingness to use computer systems to their optimum potential (E).
- Proven ability to undertake thorough research (D).